Along with making the most judicious choices in repair and turning your investment around quickly, the initial price you pay for your real estate flip and identifying your source of capital through a hard money lender, is crucial in making a profit.
Some of the best opportunities for locating the right properties are always found not on the MLS (Multiple Listing Services) but off-market – properties not listed on any public real estate listing sites.
Here are a few suggestions on how to find these off-market properties.
1. Use a wholesaler. If you don’t have the time and can afford to pay the fee associated with using a wholesaler this can be an advantage providing you know the area and the scope of repair costs. The disadvantage is not understanding the wholesalers contract or the laws governing a double closing in your state.
2. Enlist the services of a real estate agent familiar with the area in which you are interested. Some agents are active on social media may have information about off-market properties.
3. Good old legwork – or driving for dollars. After you have identified an area you want to invest in, look for vacant homes or homes in disrepair. You can either knock on the door to speak to an owner or research the ownership through the address at the office(s) of the county tax records or property deeds.
4. Networking. Beyond family and friends, let other investors, local contractors, and local real estate agents know your intentions. Meetup.com is a good place to start. Meeting with other real estate investors in your area can be a valuable source of information and support.
5. Direct Mail. Send flyers to the area(s) you want to work or use public records to identify foreclosed homes. Individuals facing foreclosure have the added incentive to act. Use the MLS or other online real estate services to find expired listings and try to negotiate a deal.
When you have found a property, Lead Funding, a direct private lender for the real estate market, is there to help you make the most of your investment. Lead Funding provides a host of free, value-added services that assist borrowers in maximizing their profits. We have a simple and streamlined application process to ensure you are able to close and begin work in as little as 2-3 days. Not many lenders or banks can move as quickly. While loaning up to 100% of the purchase price and up to 100% rehab cost – Lead Funding is there to help you succeed.